Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 10 minutes
Mulling spices take wine and apple cider to new levels of warm coziness.
- 15 cinnamon sticks, crushed into chips (I just use a rolling pin)
- 4 tablespoons whole cloves
- 4 tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 tablespoons dried orange peel
- other spices as desired: whole cardamom pods, star anise, peppercorns of any color, etc
- Crush the cinnamon and place in a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the cloves, allspice, and dried orange peel, then toss the mixture with your hands until well mixed.
- Spoon into gift jars or an air-tight container for long-term use.
- Use within one year for best results, but as long as the orange peel is fully dry, the mixture can be stored indefinitely.