Yield: serves 4-6
Simple Potato Salad with Thyme and Olive Oil
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
A delightfully simple salad that can feature any fresh herb. Dill fronds, parsley, and celery leaves are particularly lovely if thyme is not available.
- 3 lbs firm-fleshed potatoes (e.g. Yukon Gold, Sieglinde, etc), cooked, cooled, and diced into bite-sized pieces
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 twigs fresh thyme
- a pinch of sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- To cook the potatoes, either boil uncovered for 10-25 minutes just until tender or steam in a pressure cooker for 17 minutes, then depressurize naturally for 10 minutes before releasing the valve. Let the potatoes cool, then dice into large bite-sized pieces. Place in a serving bowl.
- Splash the olive oil over the potatoes and toss to cover. Strip the thyme leaves off the stems and sprinkle over the potatoes along with the salt. Toss once again and top with fresh ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to two days.